Monday, August 29, 2011

SEVEN DEADLY SINS: PRIDE!


Day 1 - PRIDE.  Seven great things about yourself.


1) I am a naturally nice person. I make eye contact with, and smile at, strangers -- whether they be passing me on the street or taking my order at Starbucks, etc. Life is too short to ignore, or feel superior to, another human being standing two feet away from you.

2) I am a born entertainer. And I can put on a "show" while seated at the kitchen table just as easily as on stage.

3) I can soak things up like a sponge. This is how I "learned" how to sing, act and write! I notice details and meter and style and specifics, then put my own twist on it all and serve it up as my own.

4) I am a word FREAK. It's all about words. Writing is my favorite thing. I like the idea of making people say MY ideas, but in their own voice -- it's almost like brainwashing. And writing is musical and mathematic and magical. One single word can make it or break it.

5) I am not cruel. I honestly don't understand the thrill people get from jumping out and scaring their friends or loved ones. "Ha ha, for a split second you thought there was a stranger in the house who was going to kill you!" Really?

6) I love beauty. I surround myself with it. Physical and otherwise. I love color and sparkle and luxury and design. And I can find it it the most surprising places. I can make $5 look like $50.

7) I feel my strongest connection on this planet with dogs. I love their innocence, honesty and loyalty. I have said it before and I will say it again: When I hear someone say, "I'm not a dog person" all I hear is, "I'm not a person!"

No comments:

Post a Comment